Sunday 10 September 2017

Summer

Wow, where has that time gone? Six wonderful weeks of worms and muddy puddles, drawing and painting, dinosaurs, blackberries, fungus and digging. We have had a great holiday, spending time at home and a few family visits with a lot of time outside. I will be posting more in the next week or so about some of the specific activities we did throughout the holidays.


Pickle has completed the local library reading challenge, telling the librarian all about his books. I am always surprised about how much he can recall about his books, both fiction and non-fiction. He was particularly keen on a book about sharks...he told the librarian all about the goblin shark, whale shark and basking shark among others...

Penguin has recently been showing more unique interests. We try to keep toys non-gender specific in our house and don't push them into stereotypes. Both kids have a dolls, cars and dinosaurs. Penguin has developed a strong attachment to her baby and likes to try and dress it and take care of it, one day this week she insisted on putting her baby in her bed and taking the monitor with her down to pick pickle up from Nursery. Her baby is an old doll of mine and I love to see her playing with it like I used to.

I have managed to fit in a little bit of crochet among the madness...more to follow on that soon I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.