Sunday 16 April 2017

A most Egg-cellent adventure....

Oh yes, a cheesy Easter title. Happy Easter! Things have been wonderful, busy and just a tiny bit stressful here. We are nearing the end of a nearly 3 week Easter break here Pickle is only at preschool but it makes a big difference having him off. Penguin has decided she doesn't like to nap when he is at home and at just 18 months she is not really ready to drop that afternoon snooze. I really must look at getting that sorted before Pickle is off for the summer and then starts nursery in the mornings rather than the afternoon!

Any way. We have had a lot of fun building junk robots, making krispie cakes and easter crafts with a few trips scattered in....a post on that later.

Today's post is all about my new crochet Easter bunting! It has taken me a while and progress certainly slowed down without Penguin's nap time these past few weeks.





Not the best light I am afraid, it is hard to get away from the kidlets to take photos in the daylight. 

These are crocheted up with dk yarn I had left over, not sure what the yellow is but the white is stylecraft special. I then cross stitched on the egg shapes with some Patons 100% cotton 4 ply. I am not sure they do the green anymore but the other colours are Candy, Lilac and Pale Blue. I think the green was called sage or similar but I no longer have the ball band. Hook size used for these was 3.75.

To make the egg shape: (Uk Terms)

Ch16
Row 1: dc in 2nd chain from hook and then in each ch until the end. Turn. 
Row 2: ch 1, dc in each dc. Turn
Row 3: ch 1, 2 dc in first dc, dc in the next 13 dc, 2dc in last dc. Turn.
Row 4: ch 1, 2 dc in first dc, dc in the next 15 dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn. 
Row 5: ch 1, 2 dc in first dc, dc in the next 17 dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn
Row 6: ch 1, 2 dc in first dc, dc in the next 19 dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn. 
Row 7: ch 1, 2 dc in first dc, dc in the next 21 dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn. 
Row 8: ch 1, 2 dc in first dc, dc in the next 23 dc, 2dc in last dc. Turn. 
Row 9: ch 1, 2 dc in first dc, dc in the next 25 dc, 2dc in last dc. Turn. 
Row 10-16: ch 1, dc in each dc. Turn. 
Row 17- 45: ch1, 2dctog, dc in each dc after that until the end. Turn.
Row 46: ch 1, 2dctog, dc in each dc after that. You should now have 7 dc in a row. 
Row  47: ch 1, work dc down the side of the egg shape, 1 in the end of each row. Along the foundation ch work 1sl st, dc, dc, dc, htr, htr, tr, 2tr, tr, htr, htr, dc, dc, dc, slst, then dc up the other side of the shape. In the top row, work sl st, dc, htr, tr, htr, dc, sl st.
Row 48: dc around the edge to finish boarder.

I then cross stitched random patterns onto the eggs and joined them with a sl st along a simple chain. I am really pleased with my easter bunting. I think I might do some bunny bunting for next easter.

Until next time....x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.